I'm always looking for new crafts to try and one of my favorite sites is Lauren Conrad's new video series "Crafty Creations". Recently she did a DIY Bib Necklace that I fell in love with. Luckily I just so happened to have an old top lying around in my closet that I didn't wear anymore and would perfect for this project, so I thought I'd give it a try! I had so much fun making this and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. This bib necklace is so simple to make and if you are obsessed with this season's collar trend (like I am!), the great thing is you don't have to go out and break the wallet at all. I hope you enjoy this DIY tutorial and if you have any requests for future ones, please leave that in the comments below! :-)
Here's what you'll need:
- An old top with an embellished neckline
- Wire cutters
- Needle nose pliers
1. Start by carefully cutting out the detail neckline from the top with a pair of scissors.
2. Wrap the chain along the back of your neck and bring both ends to the front to determine where you want your necklace to hit. Cut off the section you need using wire cutters. Then taking needle nose pliers, bend each end of the chain open. Take the opening and weave it into any part of the crochet/lace, and close it off.
3. But we're not done yet! Depending on how long the chain is—my desired length was too short to just slip over my head—cut the chain in half.
4. Measure out 2 pieces of ribbon of equal length. Taking one of the pieces, loop it through an end of the chain and tie it off into a knot. If there are any excess parts, use scissors to trim it off for a clean finish. Repeat for the other side.
5. Your DIY Bib Necklace is now complete! Pair with an outfit for a pretty look!
Have fun accessorizing! xoPin It Now!